If you are visiting this site after seeing me on Fox 17’s Tennessee Mornings this morning, WELCOME! Below you will find links to the information that I shared on air, along with a few additional links that you might find helpful.
:: Go here to see previous segments.
Pick Your Own Local Produce
- Strawberries – now thru end of May
- Blackberries, Blueberries , Cherries – June – July
- Peaches – late June/July
- Apples – late Summer/Fall
Tips for Picking Produce:
- Call ahead – get details on pricing, availability, and hours of operation
- Containers – some farms provide them for free and some charge, or you can bring your own
- Arrive early – better selection; bring sun block and snacks
Post Picking Prep:
- Have a plan – don’t let what you picked go to waste
- Use or eat bruised fruit first
- Not all fruit needs to be cleaned: Example – clean strawberries but not blueberries
The following sites include information like harvest calendars, farmers markets, and local festivals.
Highlights not to miss!
FREE Downloads: Be sure to download any of our templates, Meal Planning, Best Prices List, Grocery Budget List, and more!
Getting Started: A page to help you get started in your savings journey!
Grocery Store Deals: Pick your favorite store and see what deals they have this week.