Ms. Cheap just released her Summer Guide to FREE Activities in the Nashville area. Head over to her post to see Ms. Cheaps Summer Guide to FREE activities.
I’m so excited to let you know that the Pine Cove Day Camp will return to Brentwood! This summer, Pine Cove Christian Camp will be bringing their Camp In the City (formerly known as Base Camp) to Brentwood. Camp In the City is a day camp for rising 1st through 6th graders that has all the adventure of camp but that is still close to home.
- WHERE: Fellowship Bible Church, 1210 Franklin Road, Brentwood, TN 37027
- WHEN: June 9 – June 13, 2014
Pine Cove has given me a coupon code to share with you. Enter the code PROVISIONS when you register HERE, and you’ll save $15 off the price.
My daughter attended the Pine Cove Day Camp and she absolutely loved it! You can read about her experience in my Pine Cove Wrap-Up HERE.
- Register for the Pine Cove Camp In The City HERE. (Don’t forget to use the coupon code PROVISIONS to save $15!)
Join other home school students and families for a day of educational fun at Cheekwood! Groups are welcome to picnic at Cheekwood during the day. Activities will include: Garden Tours, Sculpture Trail Hike, Marbling Demonstrations & Art Activity, Gallery Talks in the Museum and self-guided activities for families to do at their own pace.
WHEN: Wednesday, August 14, 10:00am – 2:00pm
REGISTRATION AND COST: Registration is required, and space is limited. Students are free and adults are $10 each.
Pre-registration is required and will open on July 16. Go HERE for information or call (615) 353-6973.
I love living near Nashville. There is so much to see and do for kids and families, and so much of it is super affordable (as in FREE!) or very affordable (as in not bad at all!). Here are just a few examples:
- Cheekwood’s Family Night Out – Enjoy live entertainment every Thursday night in June and July. Find more info HERE.
- VBS – Be sure your kids get to enjoy this experience at least once this summer. Check out our list of area VBS’s HERE.
- Summer movies – Several local theaters offer a great deal on summer movies. Get more info HERE.
- Visit Nashville Shores – It’s the perfect day trip! (Don’t forget the sunscreen!) Get more info HERE.
- See the Nashville Sounds play – Our own minor league team offers all the fun, entertainment, and competition of a big league park. Take the kids out to the ball game! Get prices and scheduling information HERE.
My friend Lindsay has a complete listing of great things to do all around the Nashville area at her site, Suburban Turmoil HERE.
Photo Courtesy: Nashville Sounds